Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Preferred Vendors > Danko Reproduction

Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Finally got the whole shebang figured out and finished the driver's side tub design finished up. I'll be starting the mould tomorrow!

MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #12

Panther

Name: Mike

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2006
Engine: 5.7
Great Mo, keep it up
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #13
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Here are some update pictures on the passenger side wheel tub moulds. This mould has already been finished and grinded, just have to snap some pics. Today I'm starting on the other side, which should go much quicker

Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Here is a pic of the finished Driver's side Tub Mould. We had to work pretty hard getting the Passenger side wide body moulds wet sanded, buffed, released and broken in just so I can get one set of finished pieces to install on the car so I can start on the Pass side Tub design.... I should get those piece today or Monday so eventhough it doesn't look like much progress was made, if fact some very important work is now out of the way and we should be ready to proceed with the final stage of this project on Monday.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #15
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Finally got the passenger side wide body panels back from the glass shop!!!

First I got to get prototypes off the car one at a time, to check the fit of the production units against the prototype.

Off with the old and on with the new! Fits great even with just tape holding it on! Today I'll be mounting the panels on the Passenger side, they I'll start on the 2nd tub prototype, the final step in this looooooong project!!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

The entire widebody is now fitted and temprorarily installed and I'm really happy with the perfect surface and fit. Next, I need to install the rocker panel extentions and then I'll be ready to start cutting out the metal fender lip!

Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #17

Panther

Name: Mike

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2006
Engine: 5.7
Very cool
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Get your hard hats on ---> MEGA PROGRESS AHEAD!!!

Fitting of the Rocker Panel with Extension unit

Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Since we are gonna use the TUB kit on this car, now it's time to cut the passenger side wheel well liner to match the other side. Simple measurements from specific locations and a grease pencil is all you need. Note that all measurements are taken by measuring a STRAIGHT DISTANCE (first picture) as opposed to making the tape measure conform with the curved shape of the wheel well. In the second picture, you can barely see the white grease pencil line at the top of that inset mounting flange.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

The next step is to connect al the dots (just like they made you do in Math class on a graph. I'm gonna use 2" tape, because the width helps me keep a straight line. The idea is to cross all the measurment hash marks keeping is as straight as possible

Now, I spray it with paint to mark the spot to cut and cut it off with an air powered hack saw. I'm now ready to install the liner back into the car and mount the wide body so i can design the LAST piece of this project - Moulds should be in full production by the end of the year!!

Here I'm taking a template off the driver's side so I know exactly where to cut the sheet metal on the other side. These Template will come with the Tub Kit if you get that option.