LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum

LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum (http://www.lxowners.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 Motors - 2.7L & 3.5L (http://www.lxowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Spark Plugs...Who Has Changed Them Themselves? (http://www.lxowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39)

DaBlackPearl 08-04-2010 01:50 AM

I bought plugs months ago but still have not installed them. Car is still running strong.

BOS/SRT 08-04-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackPearl (Post 1469)
I bought plugs months ago but still have not installed them. Car is still running strong.

ROFL!!!!! are you serious? how many miles? don't push it too long.

HemiGurl85 08-04-2010 11:05 AM

My dad changed mine out for me. I never dreamed my car had 16 of them!

BOS/SRT 08-04-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiGurl85 (Post 1486)
My dad changed mine out for me. I never dreamed my car had 16 of them!

lol. yea it's a shocker when you first find out, but the V6's don't have that many.

MrFleming007 08-04-2010 11:28 AM

Yup, 16 of them. I've changed the plugs on two of these cars now. It just takes a little time. Make sure you get some dielectric grease too for the plug boots, as well as some antisieze for the plug threads. You're also going to need a 10mm socket to remove each one of the coil packs. once the coil packs are unbolted, you will have to pull them straight out- this might take a bit of force depending on how long its been since they were off. After the coil pack is out, you will have access to the plugs. They are located about 8" into the motor, so you'll need at least one socket extension to get to them. Hardest plugs are the ones located near the firewall, just not much room to work. Just take your time and you'll be fine!

Oh, gap I believe is a .045, and torque is 13 ft/lb (this is if I remember right!) :D

BOS/SRT 08-04-2010 11:34 AM

nice write up on how to. his is a little different, being a V6. thanks bro!

btw, your right, the rears where a bitch to get out, mine were in for 50k. they were in there pretty good, my strut brace didn't help either.

MrFleming007 08-04-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT (Post 1495)
nice write up on how to. his is a little different, being a V6. thanks bro!

btw, your right, the rears where a bitch to get out, mine were in for 50k. they were in there pretty good, my strut brace didn't help either.

Ahh hell, a V6! Then you'll be done in a third of the time, and PLEASE, make sure you only buy 6 plugs, not the 16 mentioned in my previous post! :o

DaBlackPearl 08-04-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT (Post 1481)
ROFL!!!!! are you serious? how many miles? don't push it too long.

Lol, yeh I know right? I am at just under 50,000 I will change them soon. I just bought a projecttruck and spend a lot of time on it...hell, it is so easy to work on, I can sit in the engine compartment...well not quite but close. : )

BOS/SRT 08-05-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackPearl (Post 1532)
Lol, yeh I know right? I am at just under 50,000 I will change them soon. I just bought a projecttruck and spend a lot of time on it...hell, it is so easy to work on, I can sit in the engine compartment...well not quite but close. : )

Oh great! Now your going to neglect your true baby. Lol. Make sure you keep us updated and post pix.

DaBlackPearl 08-05-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT (Post 1538)
Oh great! Now your going to neglect your true baby. Lol. Make sure you keep us updated and post pix.

I know what you mean...everytime I get a new vehicle I neglect the other. I will start a new thread with a couple of pics but it is not a Dodge.