PDA

View Full Version : Dead Battery--Speaking German

dwalker79
08-18-2011, 01:09 AM
For some reason I can't see the thread I created so I'll try it again.
On Monday my 2011 Charger R/T Max wouldn't start. The usual keyless message on the EVIC was in german. I figured I'd try disconnecting the battery to reset the system. I had to crawl through the back seat into the trunk and use the emergency release since the trunk wouldn't open electrically. The battery reset didn't work. After a while I decided to try charging the battery. About 5 minutes of that and the EVIC started speaking english again. Five more minutes and I was able to get it started. At first it was flashing the Electronic Throttle Control error symbol, but after restarting the engine, that stopped. However, the Check-Engine-Light stayed on. The dealer said I must have left something on, although how you can do that with this car is beyond me--everything shuts itself off, even the dome light.
I've done some web surfing and found a TSB that may solve the problem TSB 08-016-11 Rev B. I'll keep this thread updated.

BOS/SRT
08-20-2011, 07:42 PM
That's weird. Did you bring it to the dealer? Should be covered.

dwalker79
08-21-2011, 11:02 PM
yeah. All the dealer did was charge the battery. I found the TSB, which initially they said didn't apply to my vehicle. I pointed out that it does and I'm supposed to take it back in on Tuesday. So far, I haven't had a problem--knock on wood.

BOS/SRT
08-24-2011, 05:21 PM
That's good, at least or hope they take care of it.

dwalker79
09-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I took it in and supposedly they flashed the new BCM update. Now I just need to know how to verify it:)