PDA

View Full Version : Obnoxious Sound

DanaM
03-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Ok,

My current exhaust setup is a borla system with the resos removed and custom borla tails. It sounds bad a$$ but I want more of a obnoxious sound without a major engine job. I was thinking cut outs or removing the mufflers. If, I remove the mufflers, what type of sound do you think I will have? Do you think the cabin would take the brunt of the sound or, will I sound like some 4 X 4 or old mustang that you can hear from miles around? What other problems can I expect by removing the mufflers and running strait steel?

D a n a

BOS/SRT
03-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Two options, electric cut outs and high flow cats. Electric cutouts are a more involved install, you have to cut some of your exhaust pipe from the cats back, weld the cut outs into place and either run the wire control to your cabin or do the remote system. High flows with mids, just unbolt stock cats/mids and bolt up high flow with mids.
I have the high flows and have loved the difference in exhaust note. Opened up the flow and gave it a much throatier sound. The cut outs you can open at different levels to gain a louder throatier sound, but can get annoying, depending how far you open them.
I've been thinking about the cut outs for sometime, but I've read many having issues with it hitting with the car lowered.
I'd say start with the high flows first.