Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - LX Models > Dodge Charger Discussion

Dodge Charger Discussion Here you can talk about anything in general about the Dodge Charger - Dodge Charger Forum

Old 12-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #1

plmcrzy07

Name: Dan

Car Model: Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7
Send a message via AIM to plmcrzy07
Default HELP! This can't be good...
I noticed a few spots in the driveway today where I normally park the charger. Checked out the spots cuz the looked wet, never noticed them before but there are about 5 or 6 spots in the area. Checked under the rear end and sure enough, the rear diff is wet on the bottom. It doesn't look like it's coming from the half shafts. It was too f'ng cold & dark out by the time I got a chance to look under the car. Here are a few pics I got with the crackberry. Any suggestions?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:08 AM   #2

DaveDees

Name: Dave

Car Model: Jeep Patriot
Year: 2010
Engine: Rat Wheel
Check your half-shaft seals. Pain to replace.....

Do you have the service manual for your ride???

No mods now... / no mods later!!!
DaveDees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #3

plmcrzy07

Just got a quote from the stealership...$300 to do both seals. Is it worth it? I really don't have the time or a place to tackle this job right now.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #4

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Did they say it was the half shaft seals? Does that price include seals as well? Inorder to replace the seal, they have to drop the pumpkin (rear diff) to punch out the seals. Call me.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #5

plmcrzy07

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT View Post
Did they say it was the half shaft seals? Does that price include seals as well? Inorder to replace the seal, they have to drop the pumpkin (rear diff) to punch out the seals. Call me.
The guy I spoke with said it included parts & labor. I spoke with the parts dept and the seals are only $12.35 each so it's all labor. I don't have your #

Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #6

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Sent you pm.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #7

plmcrzy07

Dealership checked it out yesterday & said the fluid was leaking out of the vent on top of the diff. They said it looked like someone had overfilled it. Not sure why it would only start leaking after 8k miles though. They recommended having them perform a rear diff service so I did. Haven't noticed any fluids yet but I've only had it back for less than a day. Keeping my fingers crossed...