Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Exterior Modifications

Exterior Modifications Discuss Exterior mods for your LX here. From paint, wheels, lighting, HIDs, and more.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #1

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default PIX - 2toned flat black vinyl & other mods
Update:
-Recently put in AMG paddle shifters
-rear VES (center console Video Entertainment System)
-22elite matching slate leather, red stitch arm rest cover for VES
-Fatmat entire floor (rear fenders, rear deck, 4 doors, entire trunk, decklid and rear fenders were done last year.)
-replaced turned black anodized Billet Tech emblems

Current:
Well I've been wanting to try this for some time and never had the nerves to undertake such a large project with flat black vinyl. I've done many vinyl in the past, but this was more complicated.
I wanted to try 2tone semi or flat black upper body line. I got over 10 yds ++++ and went at it. Problem for me was that I jumped right into it after just tearing the interior out for fatmat, so no rest and fatmat is a lot of aches and pains.
So I had to figure out how to do this and decided there was no other way, other than making my own templates to cutout the vinyl to fit the body lines. What a bitch! Contours change everything when laying out vinyl. Went through many templates to get it right. This isn't something I would suggest others to attempt, not for the novice. I made templates out of paper and A LOT of masking tape. I also knew i would be left with hard lines from the vinyl, so i found dark titanium 1/8 pin stripe to hide the edge. Was a good color since i already have dark titanium accents. I'll get into it more, when I get some rest.
Btw, got some Grip Rockers and they should be done on Monday, then I wrap the rear window with the same vinyl and pin stripe to match the rest.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #2

BOS/SRT
Administrator

I'll take some pix today and more once the rockers are on with the flat black/pin stripe vinyl.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 03-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #3

BOS/SRT
Administrator

I'd no one around?????

Old 03-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #4

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Here are some pix, but will try to take some outside today and keep in mind that Grip rockers are not on yet, so more pix to come tomorrow.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #5

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Some changes were made, took small side rally stripes off and ran the same center rally stripes on the top of the decklid. Mirrors will get done today.....I hope. Big pita!!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #6

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Finally almost done! Just need to redo the driver side rockers and ordered to SE black mirrors to change out my painted covers.

here are the pix...

Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #7

plmcrzy07

Name: Dan

Car Model: Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7
Send a message via AIM to plmcrzy07
Car looks badass bro! Can't wait to see that monster in person.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #8

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by plmcrzy07 View Post
Car looks badass bro! Can't wait to see that monster in person.
Thanks Dan! I can't wait for this f'n winter to end..............

Old 03-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #9

BOS/SRT
Administrator

New pix...

If you noticed, didn't want the chicken wire and wanted something to match the honeycomb crosshair and found a match. It black plastic, honeycomb design and it's a perfect match.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #10

Gabe

Name: Gabe

Car Model: Mustang
Year: 2013
Engine: 5.0L
That looks so effin hot !

Less than 4 hrs and I get to see it LIVE

lol

Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote