Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - LX Models > Dodge Charger Discussion

Dodge Charger Discussion Here you can talk about anything in general about the Dodge Charger - Dodge Charger Forum

Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
dwalker79

Name: Dave

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2011
Engine: Hemi 5.7
For some reason I can't see the thread I created so I'll try it again.
On Monday my 2011 Charger R/T Max wouldn't start. The usual keyless message on the EVIC was in german. I figured I'd try disconnecting the battery to reset the system. I had to crawl through the back seat into the trunk and use the emergency release since the trunk wouldn't open electrically. The battery reset didn't work. After a while I decided to try charging the battery. About 5 minutes of that and the EVIC started speaking english again. Five more minutes and I was able to get it started. At first it was flashing the Electronic Throttle Control error symbol, but after restarting the engine, that stopped. However, the Check-Engine-Light stayed on. The dealer said I must have left something on, although how you can do that with this car is beyond me--everything shuts itself off, even the dome light.
I've done some web surfing and found a TSB that may solve the problem TSB 08-016-11 Rev B. I'll keep this thread updated.

Last edited by dwalker79; 08-18-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: correction
dwalker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #2

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
That's weird. Did you bring it to the dealer? Should be covered.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
dwalker79

yeah. All the dealer did was charge the battery. I found the TSB, which initially they said didn't apply to my vehicle. I pointed out that it does and I'm supposed to take it back in on Tuesday. So far, I haven't had a problem--knock on wood.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #4

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
That's good, at least or hope they take care of it.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
dwalker79

I took it in and supposedly they flashed the new BCM update. Now I just need to know how to verify it