Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications Discuss Engine Performance mods here. From superchargers, turbo, twin turbos, exhaust, chips, headers, and more.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #1

Gabe

Name: Gabe

Car Model: Mustang
Year: 2013
Engine: 5.0L
Talking Getting blown soon
A couple days ago I bought my first supercharger kit, a previously-enjoyed Procharger 6psi system.

THEN, I started getting more info on what would be needed to make it work SAFELY on my engine, and realized I need a few more things.

Well, woke up early today and started placing some orders

So far, I've got coming :

- 3-gauge a-pillar pod
- Auto Meter boost gauge
- 6.1 timing chain/gear set
- Kenne Bell 40amp Boost-A-Pump
- NGK 5107 iridium spark plugs (16)
- REM rear 4-point strut tower brace (kind of an unrelated purchase - couldn't pass up the deal )
- BC Racing coilover set (another unrelated purchase, but wanted these for a while, and since my left rear Eibach spring is broken, might as well finally get these )

I already have the 6.1 intake manifold, mildly ported, from Modern Muscle, complete with the SRT MAP sensor, PCV plug, 6.1 polished fuel rails (thanks again Jimmy), and the 5.7-6.1 adapter plates, also from MM.

I still need the crankshaft pinning kit and new injectors, and I plan on also upgrading the radiator ... looking at those options now

Will I need another MAP sensor or should the supercharger kit include it ?

Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #2

plmcrzy07

Name: Dan

Car Model: Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7
Send a message via AIM to plmcrzy07
Not sure what you need but this guy is definitely jealous...look forward to seeing that beast in action next year.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #3

Gabe

Name: Gabe

Car Model: Mustang
Year: 2013
Engine: 5.0L
Originally Posted by plmcrzy07 View Post
Not sure what you need but this guy is definitely jealous...look forward to seeing that beast in action next year.
Haha ... thanks man .... turns out the kit will include the MAP sensor

I still need injectors, a crankshaft pinning kit, and if I want to, an upgraded radiator.

Not a MUST, but a good idea ... it does get pretty hot in the summer around here, and she'll be under more "pressure" from now on ... lol
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote