Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Interior Modifications

Interior Modifications Here you can discuss mods for your interior of your LX. From upholstery, trim, gauges, mats, and more.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #1

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default Neffy'd interior a,b&c pillars
let me just say that i love the look, feel and quality of this material. it's definitely the best and closest look to carbon fiber that i've seen. even the color is damn close.

so far i wrapped the a, b and c pillars. the c pillars gave me the hardest time. especially the drivers rear that bubbled 3 days after and left some craters as well. i'll do the c pillars again, but i have other plans that need to get done first. i'll be focusing on the interior over the winter and should have everything done by or before spring. i already know the material(s) i'll be using and the layout. it will be unique, but simple, like what i always try to do. i just love to tackle new projects, lmao.....

very important!!! before you install, determine what the pattern direction for each part will be and write it out. if you do it wrong the weave pattern direction will look like stripes, instead of cross threads. i did it on my drivers a pillar, but later changed it. the drivers a and b pillar pattern is left to right and drivers c pillar is right to left and the opposite for the pax side. this way all parts are at a cross threads pattern and not a straight line.
here's a few pix..

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Fahad R/T

Jimmy, Thanx for the invite...

I jus bought 2 yards of neffy wrap... Love the look and feel, but what adhesive did you use? What prep has to be done to the surface before slappin it on?

I will be covering the center console and shifter area and silver tabs on the steering wheel, jus need to swap the steering wheel controls with black ones then we are good to go...
Fahad R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #3

DaBlackPearl

Name: Phil

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2007
Engine: V6
That looks really nice!
DaBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #4

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fahad R/T View Post
Jimmy, Thanx for the invite...

I jus bought 2 yards of neffy wrap... Love the look and feel, but what adhesive did you use? What prep has to be done to the surface before slappin it on?

I will be covering the center console and shifter area and silver tabs on the steering wheel, jus need to swap the steering wheel controls with black ones then we are good to go...

Fahad, first of all, "what's up bro and welcome to the Alley".

I prep'd all parts with NAPTHA and let dry or you can use soap/water. ONLY use 3m 90, it's the only way to ensure good adhesion. I'll post on step in a bit, on my iPhone at a Haiti event. Later!

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
Mik3y

Name: Michael

Car Model: Dodge Charger R/T
Engine: 5.7L
Looks great!
A buddy of mine used neffy on his A pillars to try it out but it started to bubble up. I forgot what glue he used maybe 90.

Mik3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #6

TALON

Name: Ken

Engine: 6.1 L
Jimmy, if I remember, you did this mod some time ago. How's it holding up??

Love the look.

Ken

Advanced Automotive Concepts automotivelightstore.com
Billet Technology billettechnology.com/
BMC Performance www.bmcspeedshop.com
Vortech www.vortechsuperchargers.com

*DREAMS ARE BUILT, NOT BOUGHT*
TALON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #7

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3y View Post
Looks great!
A buddy of mine used neffy on his A pillars to try it out but it started to bubble up. I forgot what glue he used maybe 90.
he must have not prep'd properly.

Originally Posted by TALON View Post
Jimmy, if I remember, you did this mod some time ago. How's it holding up??

Love the look.

Ken
no issues at all. a, b, c pillars are still the same and holding well. looking at what next to do for the spring. we'll see.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
Fahad R/T

Got my interior parts done today... pix coming soon... Thanx for the advice...
Fahad R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #9

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Fahad, some pix would be nice. lol