Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Engine & Performance Modifications > V6 Motors - 2.7L & 3.5L

V6 Motors - 2.7L & 3.5L SE and SXT Models

Old 08-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #21

DaBlackPearl

Name: Phil

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2007
Engine: V6
I bought plugs months ago but still have not installed them. Car is still running strong.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #22

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Originally Posted by DaBlackPearl View Post
I bought plugs months ago but still have not installed them. Car is still running strong.
ROFL!!!!! are you serious? how many miles? don't push it too long.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #23

HemiGurl85

My dad changed mine out for me. I never dreamed my car had 16 of them!
HemiGurl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #24

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by HemiGurl85 View Post
My dad changed mine out for me. I never dreamed my car had 16 of them!
lol. yea it's a shocker when you first find out, but the V6's don't have that many.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #25

MrFleming007

Name: Owen

Car Model: Dodge Charger Daytona
Engine: 5.7
Yup, 16 of them. I've changed the plugs on two of these cars now. It just takes a little time. Make sure you get some dielectric grease too for the plug boots, as well as some antisieze for the plug threads. You're also going to need a 10mm socket to remove each one of the coil packs. once the coil packs are unbolted, you will have to pull them straight out- this might take a bit of force depending on how long its been since they were off. After the coil pack is out, you will have access to the plugs. They are located about 8" into the motor, so you'll need at least one socket extension to get to them. Hardest plugs are the ones located near the firewall, just not much room to work. Just take your time and you'll be fine!

Oh, gap I believe is a .045, and torque is 13 ft/lb (this is if I remember right!)
MrFleming007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #26

BOS/SRT
Administrator

nice write up on how to. his is a little different, being a V6. thanks bro!

btw, your right, the rears where a bitch to get out, mine were in for 50k. they were in there pretty good, my strut brace didn't help either.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #27

MrFleming007

Name: Owen

Car Model: Dodge Charger Daytona
Engine: 5.7
Originally Posted by BOS/SRT View Post
nice write up on how to. his is a little different, being a V6. thanks bro!

btw, your right, the rears where a bitch to get out, mine were in for 50k. they were in there pretty good, my strut brace didn't help either.
Ahh hell, a V6! Then you'll be done in a third of the time, and PLEASE, make sure you only buy 6 plugs, not the 16 mentioned in my previous post!
MrFleming007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #28

DaBlackPearl

ROFL!!!!! are you serious? how many miles? don't push it too long.
Lol, yeh I know right? I am at just under 50,000 I will change them soon. I just bought a projecttruck and spend a lot of time on it...hell, it is so easy to work on, I can sit in the engine compartment...well not quite but close. : )

Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #29

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by DaBlackPearl View Post
Lol, yeh I know right? I am at just under 50,000 I will change them soon. I just bought a projecttruck and spend a lot of time on it...hell, it is so easy to work on, I can sit in the engine compartment...well not quite but close. : )
Oh great! Now your going to neglect your true baby. Lol. Make sure you keep us updated and post pix.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #30

DaBlackPearl

Oh great! Now your going to neglect your true baby. Lol. Make sure you keep us updated and post pix.
I know what you mean...everytime I get a new vehicle I neglect the other. I will start a new thread with a couple of pics but it is not a Dodge.