Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Preferred Vendors > Danko Reproduction

Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Default Danko Charger Wide Body Almost done!
Our Charger widebody moulds are almost done !! Rocker extension moulds will be completed tomorrow too. Also, the driver's side wide body moulds are polished and going into production tomorrow (Friday). I should have a set of parts to test fit on Monday and then I will begin documenting with pictures the installation on my car so stay tuned!

MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Here you see the rocker extension moulds are in the final phase, they will be done tomorrow. The Wide body pieces for our Charger will be delivered tomorrow so I'm already stripping the prototype off the car getting ready to install it this week.. More pics to come soon!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #3

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Mo, wow! It's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see ot finished.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Friday was a good day indeed!! besides finishing the rocker extention moulds, I got the wide body parts back from the fiberglass shop and test fitted them. As with All Danko products, the fit was absolutely 100% on the money. The gas cap snapped right in perrfectly just as planned. In the pictures below you can clearly see the perfect fit up to the body all around. I only installed the rear section and matched it up to the door section prototype which was still on the car. OK I'm ready to officially take orders now! Next, I'm gonna start removing some sheet metal to make clearance for the huge tires and then I'll work on widening the wheel liner that must go back in.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

I'm back to work on the wide body after a short intermission with a 2011 charger.. Tomorrow I should be able to pull apart the new rocker panel extension moulds and send the other widebody side moulds over to the glass shop to have it made.. I will be out of town the rest of the week but should be working on the final install on my car next Monday!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Sorry guys for the black out, my internet connection has been unable to upload pics for some reason but I've been pretty busy working on this. Finally had to transport my laptop to another internet connection just to upload the pics...anyway, here are the much needed updates. Up to now, we have only fitted the quarter panel section up against the original door prototype, so now it's time to fit the rest of the package on the Driver's side. Here I'm prepping the area for installation of the door flare:

Here is an example of the type of brackets that will support the edges of the widebody that are not blended into the car:

The screw holds the quarter panel nicely. There will be many more brackets added later. Said screws will be replaced with stainless steel pop rivets later that will be counter sunk and be covered up so they will not be visible.

Here I have temporarily mounted the door flare to show how perfectly this package really fits!

People are always asking me how the widebody will install so here again is the diagram. Notice the 2" flange that will be used to bond the panels onto the car. The flanges will be bonded to the car with a semi-rigid epoxy adhesive/paste and held down with screws until dry. The seam will then be grinded down to blend the flange into the car. Then, I'll laminate some epoxy fiberglass strips over the seam to keep the paint from "Ghosting" later on. At that point, I'll do the final filling over the seam with a thin layer of Dura-Glass and some bondo to finish it off. Then I'll sand and prime the entire widebody with a Urethane Primer/Surfacer and block it out to a smooth 120 Grit finish, all for about $1,500, including installing the Challenger Gas Cap system. That will be for the basic installation, we officially now have a dedicated body shop spot where we will be doing complete installations (even paint work) not to mention anything custom anyone wants. We are in Miami, so to anyone who is considering this, it may actually pay to ship your car to us to have it done, as our prices will be very reasonable unlike many body shops who double or triple the price just because it's "custom" - since all we do is custom, it's all the same to us!!

Here is the completed rocker extension panel that mounts to the car to hold your OEM rocker 2" out to match up with the new quarters. For a nice appearance, I'll bond them on, remove the screws and blend it all together but that is not really recessary, you could just use small pop rivets and paint over them.

The rocker snaps right into place and matches up very nicely with the rest of the car. Once again, the ugly screws will go bye bye.

More updates to come, so stay tuned to the Danko Channel !!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

For anyone who need a little inspiration to pull the trigger, here is a Danko Charger Render ~ We are now OFFICIALLY taking orders and 2 are sold already !

Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Now that the wide body fitment is basically done (besides hooking up the fuel hoses which is a piece of cake and I'll show that soon), I need to clear up a few issues and move on to the next stage.

As it is right now, the fiberglass wide body screws into the factory metal wheel well lip. With this set up, if you run super wide 12"+ rims in the back, you have to make sure the tire will not interfere with the metal lip under there. Here is a pic that shows the 2" fiberglass lip that goes all the way around the inside of the wheel well.

This particular method of installation would probably only work well if you were not lowering your car in the back and not running an extremely tall wheel/tire set up. However, if you like the old school look of a Jacked up rear end, which I do, this may work for you, kinda like this:

The best way to check that you will be happy with the standard set up before buying the basic widebody kit, would be to get a pair of 2" wheel spacers and bolt them up in the back, then drive it around to make sure you don't get interference.

If you are happy with that set up, you are good to go and will not need to do anymore than this. However, if you need more clearance, there are 2 ways to go:

1) Do a little trimming of the wheel lip (which is kinda like what you would normally accomplish by rolling your fender lip).
or
2) Do a LOT OF trimming of the wheel lip!

Since I'm planning on running a supercharger and HUGE drag slicks in the rear and DO NOT want to be limited AT ALL in the future, I'm going ALL THE WAY and gonna not only completely remove the entire wheel lip, but also develop a custom fiberglass tub piece that will integrate with the factory wheel well liners! This is not part of the basic kit.

I should mention that I've already commited that the first 5 people who order a wide body will get the Tub Kit for free, (if they want it) and they deserve this because of their complete trust of buying a kit from me before it is completely developed, which helps me out with financing the project so I can complete it faster.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #9
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

OK Charger fans, here we go with PART 2: The Optional Chopping out of the Lip

After careful consideration of the inside of the wheel well, I marked with a grease pencil the place where to cut. I pretty much followed the body crease 2" above the opening for starters.

Gotta love these air powered hack saws, they cut through both layers like butter. You want to make sure to hold the saw at an upward angle to make sure you remove enough of the inner metal.

LIP REMOVED

A little touch up with a body grinder makes for a nice burr free job.

Here is a nice far away shot of the car now with the widebody on and NO lip!!
Next, I'm gonna work on figuring out how much of the plastic inner liner to remove and get ready to mock up the custom tub prototype inside the fender well, so stay tuned!!

Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #10

Panther

Name: Mike

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2006
Engine: 5.7
Wow, keep up the good work
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote