Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Exterior Modifications

Exterior Modifications Discuss Exterior mods for your LX here. From paint, wheels, lighting, HIDs, and more.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #1

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default Painted Danko v2 spoiler painted - check it out!
Well i picked up the spoiler from the body shop this afternoon. no time to mount. still have to make adjustments for drill holes templates to mount. not looking forward to that. won't tackle that tonight maybe tomorrow. i'll make sure it fit's the best as possible.

The Danko v2 spoiler is the spoiler i've been waiting for, for over four years. day one took off stocker. been through a few types of spoilers, including modifying my own ( still adding something to that to fix and make better ). They all had there good points, but just wasn't there. this is by far the closest that i've also invisioned in my head years ago.

i want a spoiler that flowed perfectly with the body lines, that didn't make the car look longer. a spoiler that showed off the charger's nasty stance, with a mean azz rake (slant/slope), that makes the azz look fat (bulky/full). the rear flow's perfectly with the back edge top body line.

now, i painted the decklid back top slant silver to keep the painted tail flow. doing that, i think i could have gone with satin black spoiler instead. since i painted the decklid, framed the back, which allows me to add black. i was concerned that the black would have look odd, as in fitment test pix. should have painted decklid first, test, then decide, ugh... well, i guess it works out, because i would have to paint the roof spoiler to match. i don't want to do that yet, because it would blend in to much with the black roof. figured wait till the cf roof is done, planned on painting both rear spoilers satin black at that point, which will complete the master flow plan.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #2

BOS/SRT
Administrator

First Bright Silver Metallic Charger SRT w/ Danko Version 2 Spoiler. here are the pix. i've been dying to see this spoiler sitting perfectly on painted/tinted tails.

what ya think?

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #3

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Old 07-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #4

Gabe

Name: Gabe

Car Model: Mustang
Year: 2013
Engine: 5.0L
Looks awesome Jimmy !!!

I think I want my keyhole shaved when I do mine ...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #5

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by AWD_Gabe View Post
Looks awesome Jimmy !!!

I think I want my keyhole shaved when I do mine ...
Thanks Gabe!!! I agree and wish I could fill my keyhole.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #6

BOS/SRT
Administrator

in previous pix, the spoiler was not mounted, so it looked like it was sitting a little high, which it was. i recently bolt it down and took some pix. let me know what you think, now this is temporary. once i get my cf roof, both roof and Danko spoiler will be repainted satin black to match the rest of the theme.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #7

HemiGurl85

I need to get me one of those!!
HemiGurl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #8

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by HemiGurl85 View Post
I need to get me one of those!!
yeah, it's a must have. never been a fan of the oem spoiler, took it off as soon as i got my ride. been through three other spoilers and this by far is the best looking. thanks!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
usmc_charger

Sweet ride bro....looking good
usmc_charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #10

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by usmc_charger View Post
Sweet ride bro....looking good
Thanks bratha!!!!