Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Exterior Modifications

Exterior Modifications Discuss Exterior mods for your LX here. From paint, wheels, lighting, HIDs, and more.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #1

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default Fascia Dilema - Help me decide
long story short, i had my srt fascia replaced a few years ago and they screwed me on the paint work. 8 coats of silver at different variations and no stripping of bad paint or proper prep work. over the last few years my fascia has turned into swiss cheese with all the debris nicks and two 3" paint cracks/chips on both sides of the fogs. recently i hit something on the highway and of course the first time i took her out in the last 5 months. it wasn't anything big or hard and didn't make too loud of a noise, but i felt it on impact and attempted to dodge what ever it was. there was no damage initially, but a few days later, web cracks started to pop up on the drivers corner. also, a nast group of cracks on the back side of the fascia, at the wheel well. one of those cracks are down to the black poly surface.

so my dilema is this, i've been wanting to scratch my fascia and start over again, but i've been waiting for the Danko old school style front clip/fascia to come out. i was hoping that it would be released this year, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. probably looking at another year, because Mo is focused on other smaller projects that he can knock out faster, which i understand. just sucks with the situation i'm in.

my options are to have a reputable body shop see if they can repair my current fascia, to get me by for another season and hopefully buy the Danko front clip next year. or buy another srt fascia $750 - $1000 or fiberglass version for $500. or buy the grip fascia with no crosshair grill. i like the grip fascia, just cant seem to get past the open mouth grill. i'm so in love with the stock crosshair. but, i think it's something i could get use too or modify something, which i'm always doing anyways.

ok, so what are your thoughts? please share them with me, because i've looked over way to many pictures of all and just can't come to a conclusion. It's driving me insane.

Thank you,
Jimmy

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #2

Gabe

Name: Gabe

Car Model: Mustang
Year: 2013
Engine: 5.0L
How about a Grip unit with the 402 Motoring cross-hair grille option ?
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Get our soon to come SRT front spoiler and then wait patiently!!
MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #4

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by AWD_Gabe View Post
How about a Grip unit with the 402 Motoring cross-hair grille option ?
yeah i looked at there crosshair version for the grip fascia and wasn't impressed. just didn't look right to me.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #5

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by MoPower View Post
Get our soon to come SRT front spoiler and then wait patiently!!
ok...ok....your twisting my arm here, rofl. i've always planned on the wait, just wasn't sure if i want to try something else in the mean time. the more i see the pix and talked with some friends with the grip, the more i lean away from the grip fascia. just something about i don't like and some parts i do. i'm going to the body shop by the end of the week and see what the damage will be to fix my crap fascia to get me by. my wife would kick my ass otherwise, because she knows that i know, that your front clip is the shit. i want it. and yes, i'll go with the danko chin as well. i've gotten tired of the daytona version, just wasn't anything else available.