Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Preferred Vendors > Danko Reproduction

Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Arrow 2011 Charger Nose Fascia and Headlights Removal Step by Step Pictorial
Now that I officially have another dedicated spot in my shop here in Miami, I'm gonna start making some really cool custom Danko nose parts for the 2011 Dodge Charger

Since I've got to disassemble the nose, I thought a lot of forum members out there would like to see exactly how to remove the Front fascia and headlight so here we go ~

1) Jack up car and place on jack stands and remove both front wheels.

2) Raise hood and pop off both plastic covers by gently pulling them upwards.

3) Using a flat screw driver, pull up the centers of the 4 plastic retainer rivets that hold the top of the front fascia on. A claw hammer helps to pull out stubborn Plastic rivets.

4) On the bottom of the fascia underneath the front of the car, remove the (6) small screws using a 9/32" socket.

5) Inside wheel well, remove the (3) plastic rivets around the brake cooling duct.

6) Next, remove the (3) plastic rivets holding the fascia to the wheel well liner.

7) Remove the (6) plastic rivets in the back of the liner.

8) remove (4) plastic rivets around the shock tower, and (2) on top in the center

9) Everything should be loose now, so peel out the plastic wheel well liner.

10) Using a 10mm socket, remove the bolt holding the fascia to the fender.

11) Repeat steps 5-10 on other side.

12) My car didn't, but If you have fog lights or other accessories, make sure to un-plug them as you are removing the fascia.

13) Grab the top rear corner of the fascia with both hands and carefully peel the fascia back and away from the car. You will hear clicking sounds as the fascia un-snaps away from the retaining bracket that is bolted to the fender. Do the same to the other side as well.

14) To remove nose, carefully pull entire fascia away from car and you done! To remove the headlights, Continue with the next 7 steps.

Last edited by MoPower; 09-23-2011 at 11:39 AM.
MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

We are now going to remove the headlights:

15) Using a T-27 Torx head (6-point) driver, remove all (4) Torx screws, (2) on top and (2) on the bottom of each headlight. A long extension and a ratchet is pretty handy here.

16) You should now be able to slide the headlight out of it's perch and flip it over. Here is a picture of the back of the headlight.

17) Both of the outer bulbs come out easily with a counter clockwise 1/4 turn to the left.

18) The center one is more challenging. Start by pulling out and unclipping the center plug fom the headlight.

19) Pull out the white plastic retainer clip by depressing the center hook and prying off with a flat screw driver.

20) Separate the 2 plug halves by depressing the tab inside the plug and pulling apart.

21) Here you can see the tab you are shooting for. Your headlights are now disconnected. Make sure not to loose the white plastic clip!

Last edited by MoPower; 09-22-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Next, I'm making some really cool parts for the nose, so to see that thread, go here: