Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications Discuss Engine Performance mods here. From superchargers, turbo, twin turbos, exhaust, chips, headers, and more.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #1

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default SRT Fuel Rails Painted Brembo Red
well, i've been on the fence for new fuel rails for awhile and just couldn't see buying billet ones, not necessary for now. i figured i'd paint the stockers to pop them more, rather than the polished look. now i didn't want to paint the entire rails all red, i wanted to break it up with the polish accent and not semi black. figured the polished will still put in some of the accents in my bay and didn't want to over due it with the black, but i may change that down the road, lol. here's a couple crappy pix, but i'll get better ones soon and hope to install it in the next few days. keep yall posted. btw, wasn't too difficult, just the taping of course, hard to get the weld spots right with painting.

let me know what you think?
thanks!
Jimmy

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Lsc1

Name: tairk

Car Model: charger
Year: 2007
Engine: 6.1
Default Fuel rails
They look great. Is that an exact match for the Brembo calibers. Where did you find that paint?
Lsc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #3

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Thanks bratha! Actually it's high heat Ford block paint from a rattle can. I'll get you the exact paint #. I've been searching for a high heat matching paint without any luck, this color is a very close match, the closest you can get. I compared the two and to me it was an exact match. I just need to change my half cover 6.1 to match because that red is slightly darker.
Btw, any updates on your engine bay? Call me when you get a chance.
Later!

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #4

BOS/SRT
Administrator

advance auto parts, rust-oleum engine enamel (500deg), ford red #248948. keep me posted.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
Lsc1

Name: tairk

Car Model: charger
Engine: 6.1
Default paint
Engine bay is completed for know. I am in Florida and will take pics when I get home this weekend.
Lsc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
Fahad R/T

Thats gonna look hot when installed... Waiting for those pix to come...
Fahad R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #7

BOS/SRT
Administrator

They were installed the other night and what a pain in the ass it was. I'll see if I can take a pic tonight or tomorrow. Figured you've been busy with that other toy.....j/k

Old 04-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #8
FinallyCharged

Name: Julio

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
i wanna see them installed!

2007 Road & Track "Hemini"
Grip Front End-22" Gloss Black Staggered Sevas S-10s-6000k Hids (Lows & Fogs)-Hood Struts-20% Tint All Around-Demolded-SLP Loudmouth 1 w/5" Black Tips-Custom Trufiber 1" Cowl Ram Air Hood-Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs-Stack Performance Intake-Predator 91 Oct CAI Tune-180 T-Stat-Trunk With no Wing and Charger Script Emblem-Custom Vinyls-Interior L.E.D.S.-Rear SRT Diffuser
FinallyCharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #9

TALON

Name: Ken

Engine: 6.1 L
Sweeeeeet mod Jimmy!!

Advanced Automotive Concepts automotivelightstore.com
Billet Technology billettechnology.com/
BMC Performance www.bmcspeedshop.com
Vortech www.vortechsuperchargers.com