Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Preferred Vendors > Danko Reproduction

View Poll Results: As you can see, I'm at a cross-roads right now with this new diffuser. If you were in
A) OLD SCHOOL 2 22.22%
B) OLD SCHOOL With RUBBER BUMPERS 0 0%
C) OPEN BACK 4 44.44%
D) SINGE TOOTH 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Question POLL: New Design Work Pending - Which diffuser do you like best?
Even if you leave a comment, PLEASE VOTE WITH THE POLL BUTTON PROPERLY (on the first page) OR YOUR OPINION WILL NOT BE COUNTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------

A) OLD SCHOOL

B) OLD SCHOOL WITH Rubber Bumper Pads

C) OPEN BACK

D) SINGLE TOOTH

MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #2

DaBlackPearl

Name: Phil

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Engine: V6
I'm torn between the open and the single tooth but...I'm going with open to match my front. : )

Old 08-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #3

Gabe

Name: Gabe

Car Model: Mustang
Year: 2013
Engine: 5.0L
I was also torn between the open and single tooth, then chose the open style ...

The first 2 just look too much like the OEM Mopar diffuser which I already have ...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #4

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default I'm torn between open and single as well, but still prefer the single. Not crazy
I'm torn between the open and single as well, but prefer the single. Gives it a little extra look, but not to close to oem, like the original. Both open and single are cleaner looking.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #5

MrFleming007

Name: Owen

Car Model: Dodge Charger Daytona
Engine: 5.7
For my money, I like the old school with the rubber bumper pads. But, since the plums didn't come with painted rocker panels, I just think it would blend better on my particular car. Thats my .02. They're all nice!

2007 Daytona R/T Charger. Plum Crazy #301/1400. Halo lights, purple interior leds, 20% tint, Custom Daytona Side Stripes, K&N Intake, Pistol Grip Shifter
MrFleming007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

The Tastes are so diverse that I may have to make one of each!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #7

MORGAN82

Name: joe

Car Model: 300c srt8
Engine: 6.1
i like the open back but the single tooth is really nice too

visual mods:tint,chrome pillars ,handles and mirrors,mopar bentley style grill,6k lows and fogs,rear window wing,led tails,B-T engine dress up kit,B-T srt badges and center caps,wind visors,complete led interiors and reverse lights
performance mods:mopar cai,predator,magnaflow cat-back,180 therm,custom billet strut brace and 275-40-20 toyo proxe 4's
MORGAN82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #8

DanaM

Name: Dana

Car Model: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Engine: 5.7
I really like D but the Charger rear is so boring, I had to go with A. It has more going on. I look at a lot of Rears because there are some really cute gals at my job. Whoops, veered off subject, what I meant is I look at a lot of car rears and the Charger has to be the most boring of all. Model A for me going forward.

Damn, I love my Charger!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2243378/r1
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

First I want to thank everyone who voted, and say that as a direct results of the poll results, It has changed the course I was planning. First of all, let me explain: Option A and B are both old School and adding the rubber pads is very easy, so they are in the same category #1 since they will come from the same mould. Option C and D (open back and single tooth) can also come from the same moulds if I make a mould plug to fill in the single tooth before it's casted. What that basically means is that if I make the single tooth mould, I could also easily produce the open back from the same mould, hence they are also in the same category (category #2). Here are the final Poll results:

Category #1 (A&B): 2 - 33.3%
Category #2 (C&D): 4 - 66.6%

Because category # 2 is such a significant portion (49%), I just cannot ignore the market. That means I will have to make 2 moulds and basically product ALL of the 4 options (rubber pads may take a while...)
Now, to decide which one to start off with...well, that is a no brainer, the single tooth is easy to clean off for the next design, so I'm gonna start with that one, then once the mould is done, I'll convert it to the Old School Design and quickly make a mould of that one too! I'm Sure this decision will annoy some of you, and make very happy others but you know what they say...You can't please the all!

Today, I got A LOT done, basically the single tooth design is close to being done. I had to enlarge the whole a little more, but most importantly, I extended the bottom edge rearward another 1/2" in the center so the diffuser will be more visible and follow the lines better, so now lets hear what everyone has to say!

Last edited by MoPower; 08-25-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

We are moving along now!. I put the radiuses on all the edges and made all the custom flange. I can now finally start the final mould process.