Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Exterior Modifications

Exterior Modifications Discuss Exterior mods for your LX here. From paint, wheels, lighting, HIDs, and more.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #21

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
mikey,

ugh, sometimes if you want something done right, you got to do with them. i had issues with my install and they've done it before. i ended up coming up with the plan on installing and did it with him. if your not happy with it, then you want to do it again. i know it's going to bother you.
you can try this other type that i was referring to from www.stickercity.com, they have the vinyl that you don't need liquid and you can crumble it and reuse it. now it's not as UV protect-ant as your standard, but it should hold up fine. give them a call and inquire. they also have a how to video and it will surprise you how much easier it is to work with. all you'll need is one, maybe two other people to help.
let me know if you have any questions?
Later!
Jimmy

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #22
Mik3y

Name: Michael

Car Model: Dodge Charger R/T
Engine: 5.7L
Yeah thats the place i plan to buy it from. I need to talk to them and see if they can do the install for free if i buy that vinyl. I will help out and if needed have one of my local club members help out.
I just want to get this over with now though. Thanks for the info.

Mik3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #23
Mik3y

Ordered the vinyl from stickercity and going tomorrow to see if i can patch up the exposed up the part temporarily.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #24

BOS/SRT
Administrator

mikey, sweet! i hope everything works out for you too. i know the frustration your going through, been there to many times myself. keep me posted and good luck!

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
Mik3y

Went back just came back had them to take it off and hopefully vinyl comes in tomorrow so i can install Monday!

Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #26
chargerchad

is this a pricey mod? I wonder how a fairly stock silversteel charger like mine would look with a flat black roof? I don't have a sunroof either. hmm

Old 03-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #27
FOST3RS CHARG3R

damn jimmy! that looks awesome bro but of course, ive always loved your car!
FOST3RS CHARG3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #28

RogueStatus239

Name: Mike

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2008
Engine: 3.5
Jimmy, im a little bit screwed on this deal...
this matte black vinyl piece i bought from stickercity.com it appears to be like an inch too short ? and its all wrinkled ? i says on the paper that when you install you can use a heat gun and stretch the material and the wrinkles come out. any thoughts ? did you aslo use any adhesive primer for the install ?

Thanks -Mike

*Edit and when i ordered my quantity was 5 and your car is the nicest silver srt ive ever seen.
RogueStatus239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #29

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Originally Posted by RogueStatus239 View Post
Jimmy, im a little bit screwed on this deal...
this matte black vinyl piece i bought from stickercity.com it appears to be like an inch too short ? and its all wrinkled ? i says on the paper that when you install you can use a heat gun and stretch the material and the wrinkles come out. any thoughts ? did you aslo use any adhesive primer for the install ?

Thanks -Mike

*Edit and when i ordered my quantity was 5 and your car is the nicest silver srt ive ever seen.

Thanks bro! As far as the vinyl, which kind did you get? They have several versions. Did you get the same that's on they're roof install video? If it is, than that can stretch and wrinkles will come out. Never heard of having to use adhesive?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #30

RogueStatus239

Name: Mike

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2008
Engine: 3.5
i got that flat black one that they show in the video. and its not an adhesive its adhesive primer. its like a solvent that makes the adhesive sticks better.
RogueStatus239 is offline   Reply With Quote