Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - LX Models > Dodge Charger Discussion

Dodge Charger Discussion Here you can talk about anything in general about the Dodge Charger - Dodge Charger Forum

Old 03-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #1

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default TLC 4 my ride - FULL flush of systems - etc..
Well, it's time to pull her out of hibernation and give her a thorough cleaning and change out. Next tue i'm bringing my ride in to give her some TLC, then the following day i will spend the entire day giving her a thorough cleaning. Wheels will go back on next month, still need to replace rear tire from last year.
Tue List:
-Quantum Blue oil
-Quantum Blue oil filter
-Quantum Blue power steering fluid
-Quantum Blue coolant
-Quantum Blue rear diff fluid
-Quantum Blue tran fluid coming soon
-ACESIV with a fill up of shell 93 octane. after all fluids are flushed and changed. At under a 1/4 tank, enough to get there.
-16 NGK Spark Plugs Part # 2314 {IX-Series Iridium #LZTR5AIX13}
-NAPA Micro V Serpentine belt, Part # NBH 25060815
-Clean CAI filter
-BWoody front/rear sway end links
-Moog both front inner/outer tie rod links
-Full inspection of motor, undercarriage and suspension...

Wed - Sat:
Full engine bay, interior, exterior and wheel cleaning... including wiping down the tail pipes, lol (jerry).

Keep you guys post and will take as many pix as possible.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #2

Gabe

Name: Gabe

Car Model: Mustang
Year: 2013
Engine: 5.0L
Take pics of every step
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #3

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Gabe, your killing me. Why don't come and you can take the pix, lol. I'll do my best.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 03-19-2010, 05:16 AM   #4

Gabe

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT View Post
Gabe, your killing me. Why don't come and you can take the pix, lol. I'll do my best.
I'd be more than happy to come and help Jimmy ... I'm working Sat till 3-3:30 but after that I wanted to do my Mom's Focus (clean/claybay/wax) and then do mine Sunday morning/early afternoon ...

And I still have my painted coolant tank and BT polished t-stat housing to install ... lol

Let me know if I can help someway either Sat or Sun ...
Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #5

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Gabe, thanks man! I'm actually getting done after hours with my service guy. Let me know if I can help or if you want to do it in my garage?

Old 03-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #6

Gabe

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT View Post
Gabe, thanks man! I'm actually getting done after hours with my service guy. Let me know if I can help or if you want to do it in my garage?
I'd be more than OK doing it in your garage if that's an option ... lol

I detailed Mom's Focus last night (took over 3 hrs, and didn't do much on the inside ) ... wash/air-dry / clay-bar / wax ..... she's sooooo smooooth right now ... I can't keep my hands off it ... LOL

I'm gonna do my car today, gonna take off in a few minutes
Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 AM   #7

Gabe

I forgot this weekend one of my brothers and his wife is visiting from MD so I won't be around (most likely) at all ... maybe next weekend ?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #8

BOS/SRT
Administrator

gabe, no problem. just get back to me on it. later!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #9

BOS/SRT
Administrator

well i got to the shop last night and started after 6pm, didn't finish till like 11pm. the only thing we didn't finish were the tie rod ends. just didn't have enough time, plus do alignment. on top of that my boys have been sick, oldest with ear infection last week 1/2 and youngest recently with flu and i just got it yesterday and just got worse as the night went on. i didn't post anything last night, because i just wanted to sleep, at least that's what my body was telling me.

everything went without a hitch. started with the rear differential fluids, which BND's was blood red, pretty cool. then we moved to draining the oil, which came out black, then the radiator coolant and power steering fluid. of course the coolant came out with cottage cheese. no issues on putting in Quantum Blue's gold. blew us away how the oil had like no smell to it. the radiator fluid wasn't pink, it was clear mellow yellow. i ended up draining all the power steering fluid, because i didn't read the label that it was an additive, oops. luckily we had a full bottle of mopars fluid and added the Quantum Blue additive. it was a good thing we drained and flushed the fluid out, because there was black debris from the hose and etc that was built up in the filter trap. After all the fluid was flushed, we then started adding all the gold and replaced the serpentine belt and spark plugs. also, the serpentine belt didn't have to be replaced, because it was in perfect condition, just figured do it now, while i'm changing everything else.

on my way to the shop i filled up on shell 93 and added the ACESIV. the drive home was short, but i had a grin from ear to ear. seriously it was like i just drove the car off the lot for the first time. the engine ran quieter, acceleration was smooth without any hickups or hesitation. which it's been doing for some time since the change. my exhaust even sounded throatier.

so today i had to take my boys back to the doctors and took the opportunity to take her out for a spin. just like last night, acceleration was crisp and was there without any lag. i had fun, considering i was going to the doctors. as usual, sick and all, my boys kept telling me to go faster........ i did a little bit here and there, but i was just trying to get them there safely. the ride home was the same. all i can say is that the difference is amazing. now i can't wait to drive her again. tomorrow i'll put the 93 octane predator tune back in and have some fun with her and of course i'll post my thoughts. i hope to knock this flu i got soon...

btw, if you haven't done it yet, then you need to do it. BND is like gold and i'm proud to say that i am now a client and friend. skeptics will never know what they're missing. congrats Brian, you have out done yourself with this motor crack, lol.

take care!

jimmy

Old 03-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
Mik3y

Name: Michael

Car Model: Dodge Charger R/T
Engine: 5.7L
I need to replace all my fluids with BND soon.

Right now im running the power steering fluid and ACES.

Mik3y is offline   Reply With Quote