Welcome to the LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum > LX Forum - Modifications > Exterior Modifications

Exterior Modifications Discuss Exterior mods for your LX here. From paint, wheels, lighting, HIDs, and more.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
Mik3y

Name: Michael

Car Model: Dodge Charger R/T
Year: 2006
Engine: 5.7L
You're not going to believe this but he was almost done when he accidentally folded the vinyl sticky side to sticky side. When he pulled them apart it ripped
Going back Wednesday to hopefully get it done.

Mik3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Mik3y

I just noticed that you posted in my original post LOL
The guy doesnt use any soap/water when installing the graphics. He just used a torch to heat up the vinyl. Its alright though now that he got some practice it will get done Wednesday.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #13

DaBlackPearl

Name: Phil

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2007
Engine: V6
That looks really nice! I would like to see it in person though.
DaBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #14

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Originally Posted by Mik3y View Post
You're not going to believe this but he was almost done when he accidentally folded the vinyl sticky side to sticky side. When he pulled them apart it ripped
Going back Wednesday to hopefully get it done.
crap bro, sorry about that and that happened to me too. he didn't soak it while he pulled it apart? the standard vinyl is very unforgiving. i know your bum'd bro, but it'll get done and i'm hoping it will be perfect and well worth the wait. good luck!

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #15

BOS/SRT
Administrator

I just noticed that you posted in my original post LOL
The guy doesnt use any soap/water when installing the graphics. He just used a torch to heat up the vinyl. Its alright though now that he got some practice it will get done Wednesday.
what do you mean? he didn't use any liquids to apply? don't use soap/water, use foam glass cleaner, it works the best.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #16
Mik3y

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT View Post
what do you mean? he didn't use any liquids to apply? don't use soap/water, use foam glass cleaner, it works the best.
Nope he uses any liquids. All he does is use a torch.
Im going tomorrow to hopefully get it done finally

Old 02-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #17

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Nope he uses any liquids. All he does is use a torch.
Im going tomorrow to hopefully get it done finally
That's scary. Never heard someone use a torch, heat gun yes. I was thinking that maybe it's another type of vinyl, some say higher end, but that one doesn't damage or get stuck together, but it applies dry. The only issue with it, is that it doesn't have as much uv protection, so fades fast. I don't think that's what you have, because you mentioned that it got folded. The other stuff I could take the entire pc, crumble into a ball and still use it.
Your making me nervous now. Lol.
Also make sure their careful with the exacto knife, don't want your paint to get damaged. Good luck again!

Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 AM   #18
Mik3y

I need to talk to the guy and make sure its going to be the same vinyl i have on the side. It does look different but never thought about it until today.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
Mik3y

Its official, looks great but there are some parts that can be seen close that im not to happy about. For the price i paid i can live with it. The vinyl is different it has a clear laminate on top so its harder to work with.

Sorry the garage pic, i work nights so i need to really go to sleep. I will take some good pics over the weekend. Thanks for the help Jimmy!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #20
Mik3y

I think im going to get the roof redone
The guy didnt cut the vinyl between the roof/windshield and i can see paint. Im going to order a different vinyl that is easier to work with also.