Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #1

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
Default FatMat install - upgrade your sound
100sq/ft of fatmat sound deadening for $79.99, on ebay. i've used dynamat every time in the past, but this time i didn't feel like paying for the name. so i did a little research and found fatmat would work perfectly for my future plans. i could of use second skin, dynamat, hushmat, and etc, but i want to find something that would work just as good as the big names for less the price. we all know that the industry is killing the consumer with the ridiculous prices, when it's foil and rubber/asphalt mixture. my only concern was adhesion and smell. the fatmat has a slight asphalt smell, but it's going away.
well, i spent the last two days installing fatmat in all 4 outer door shells and face. the entire trunk (top/bottom) and including the entire rear fenders. i ordered more to do the roof, jams and floor.
the result, is amazing. i have the stock nav with the kicker sub and it now sounds like i just spent $3000+ on a new system. i should know i've spent more in the past.
so this is a must do, for such little $$$ and awesome results.

i'll be finishing the entire roof, floor and firewall this summer. i can't wait to take it all apart. thinking of also running all my wires to setup for my future system.

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote