View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Now that the wide body fitment is basically done (besides hooking up the fuel hoses which is a piece of cake and I'll show that soon), I need to clear up a few issues and move on to the next stage.

As it is right now, the fiberglass wide body screws into the factory metal wheel well lip. With this set up, if you run super wide 12"+ rims in the back, you have to make sure the tire will not interfere with the metal lip under there. Here is a pic that shows the 2" fiberglass lip that goes all the way around the inside of the wheel well.

This particular method of installation would probably only work well if you were not lowering your car in the back and not running an extremely tall wheel/tire set up. However, if you like the old school look of a Jacked up rear end, which I do, this may work for you, kinda like this:

The best way to check that you will be happy with the standard set up before buying the basic widebody kit, would be to get a pair of 2" wheel spacers and bolt them up in the back, then drive it around to make sure you don't get interference.

If you are happy with that set up, you are good to go and will not need to do anymore than this. However, if you need more clearance, there are 2 ways to go:

1) Do a little trimming of the wheel lip (which is kinda like what you would normally accomplish by rolling your fender lip).
or
2) Do a LOT OF trimming of the wheel lip!

Since I'm planning on running a supercharger and HUGE drag slicks in the rear and DO NOT want to be limited AT ALL in the future, I'm going ALL THE WAY and gonna not only completely remove the entire wheel lip, but also develop a custom fiberglass tub piece that will integrate with the factory wheel well liners! This is not part of the basic kit.

I should mention that I've already commited that the first 5 people who order a wide body will get the Tub Kit for free, (if they want it) and they deserve this because of their complete trust of buying a kit from me before it is completely developed, which helps me out with financing the project so I can complete it faster.
MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote