View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Sorry guys for the black out, my internet connection has been unable to upload pics for some reason but I've been pretty busy working on this. Finally had to transport my laptop to another internet connection just to upload the pics...anyway, here are the much needed updates. Up to now, we have only fitted the quarter panel section up against the original door prototype, so now it's time to fit the rest of the package on the Driver's side. Here I'm prepping the area for installation of the door flare:

Here is an example of the type of brackets that will support the edges of the widebody that are not blended into the car:

The screw holds the quarter panel nicely. There will be many more brackets added later. Said screws will be replaced with stainless steel pop rivets later that will be counter sunk and be covered up so they will not be visible.

Here I have temporarily mounted the door flare to show how perfectly this package really fits!

People are always asking me how the widebody will install so here again is the diagram. Notice the 2" flange that will be used to bond the panels onto the car. The flanges will be bonded to the car with a semi-rigid epoxy adhesive/paste and held down with screws until dry. The seam will then be grinded down to blend the flange into the car. Then, I'll laminate some epoxy fiberglass strips over the seam to keep the paint from "Ghosting" later on. At that point, I'll do the final filling over the seam with a thin layer of Dura-Glass and some bondo to finish it off. Then I'll sand and prime the entire widebody with a Urethane Primer/Surfacer and block it out to a smooth 120 Grit finish, all for about $1,500, including installing the Challenger Gas Cap system. That will be for the basic installation, we officially now have a dedicated body shop spot where we will be doing complete installations (even paint work) not to mention anything custom anyone wants. We are in Miami, so to anyone who is considering this, it may actually pay to ship your car to us to have it done, as our prices will be very reasonable unlike many body shops who double or triple the price just because it's "custom" - since all we do is custom, it's all the same to us!!

Here is the completed rocker extension panel that mounts to the car to hold your OEM rocker 2" out to match up with the new quarters. For a nice appearance, I'll bond them on, remove the screws and blend it all together but that is not really recessary, you could just use small pop rivets and paint over them.

The rocker snaps right into place and matches up very nicely with the rest of the car. Once again, the ugly screws will go bye bye.

More updates to come, so stay tuned to the Danko Channel !!
MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote