View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #9

BOS/SRT
Administrator

Name: Jimmy

Car Model: Dodge Charger SRT8
Year: 2006
Engine: 6.1L HEMI
well i got to the shop last night and started after 6pm, didn't finish till like 11pm. the only thing we didn't finish were the tie rod ends. just didn't have enough time, plus do alignment. on top of that my boys have been sick, oldest with ear infection last week 1/2 and youngest recently with flu and i just got it yesterday and just got worse as the night went on. i didn't post anything last night, because i just wanted to sleep, at least that's what my body was telling me.

everything went without a hitch. started with the rear differential fluids, which BND's was blood red, pretty cool. then we moved to draining the oil, which came out black, then the radiator coolant and power steering fluid. of course the coolant came out with cottage cheese. no issues on putting in Quantum Blue's gold. blew us away how the oil had like no smell to it. the radiator fluid wasn't pink, it was clear mellow yellow. i ended up draining all the power steering fluid, because i didn't read the label that it was an additive, oops. luckily we had a full bottle of mopars fluid and added the Quantum Blue additive. it was a good thing we drained and flushed the fluid out, because there was black debris from the hose and etc that was built up in the filter trap. After all the fluid was flushed, we then started adding all the gold and replaced the serpentine belt and spark plugs. also, the serpentine belt didn't have to be replaced, because it was in perfect condition, just figured do it now, while i'm changing everything else.

on my way to the shop i filled up on shell 93 and added the ACESIV. the drive home was short, but i had a grin from ear to ear. seriously it was like i just drove the car off the lot for the first time. the engine ran quieter, acceleration was smooth without any hickups or hesitation. which it's been doing for some time since the change. my exhaust even sounded throatier.

so today i had to take my boys back to the doctors and took the opportunity to take her out for a spin. just like last night, acceleration was crisp and was there without any lag. i had fun, considering i was going to the doctors. as usual, sick and all, my boys kept telling me to go faster........ i did a little bit here and there, but i was just trying to get them there safely. the ride home was the same. all i can say is that the difference is amazing. now i can't wait to drive her again. tomorrow i'll put the 93 octane predator tune back in and have some fun with her and of course i'll post my thoughts. i hope to knock this flu i got soon...

btw, if you haven't done it yet, then you need to do it. BND is like gold and i'm proud to say that i am now a client and friend. skeptics will never know what they're missing. congrats Brian, you have out done yourself with this motor crack, lol.

take care!

jimmy

2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote