View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
MoPower
Preferred Vendor

Name: Mo

Car Model: Briliant Black Charger R/T
Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
First I want to thank everyone who voted, and say that as a direct results of the poll results, It has changed the course I was planning. First of all, let me explain: Option A and B are both old School and adding the rubber pads is very easy, so they are in the same category #1 since they will come from the same mould. Option C and D (open back and single tooth) can also come from the same moulds if I make a mould plug to fill in the single tooth before it's casted. What that basically means is that if I make the single tooth mould, I could also easily produce the open back from the same mould, hence they are also in the same category (category #2). Here are the final Poll results:

Category #1 (A&B): 2 - 33.3%
Category #2 (C&D): 4 - 66.6%

Because category # 2 is such a significant portion (66.6%), I just cannot ignore the market. That means I will have to make 2 moulds and basically product ALL of the 4 options (rubber pads may take a while...)
Now, to decide which one to start off with...well, that is a no brainer, the single tooth is easy to clean off for the next design, so I'm gonna start with that one, then once the mould is done, I'll convert it to the Old School Design and quickly make a mould of that one too! I'm Sure this decision will annoy some of you, and make very happy others but you know what they say...You can't please the all!

Today, I got A LOT done, basically the single tooth design is close to being done. I had to enlarge the whole a little more, but most importantly, I extended the bottom edge rearward another 1/2" in the center so the diffuser will be more visible and follow the lines better, so now lets hear what everyone has to say!

MoPower is offline   Reply With Quote