Old 12-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
xkeots

Name: John

Car Model: Dodge Magnum
Year: 2006
Engine: 3.5
Default 06 Magnum 3.5 AWD Rotors Keep On Failing
Hi,

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5 6cyl AWD. The car now has 50,000 miles on it.
Since I bought the car in 08 with 20k on it the dealer has been replacing the rotors on the car every 2,500 - 3,000 miles. Last November I had to pay close to a grand to have all of the rotors replaced and the dealer has had to honor the warrantee by replacing the rotors again every 2,500 miles 5 times. The dealer now tells me that the rotors keep on turning blue and that if they replace the rotors again the OEM rotors will again fail as they have no idea why this is happening. It's not the pads and the calipers are not lagging. I am stumped and the dealer is too.
The dealer has bent over backwards to try to solve this but their hands are tied as Chrysler will not honor the repair anymore.
I have a loaner car and I had to order from an outside source a complete set of drilled rotors and hope that these do not over heat for about $600.00.
I have been restoring cars since the mid 1960's and I have only come across this on cars that race and have heavy braking done to stop the car at high speeds. I do not drive this car like this as it is my family car and my 11 year old son is usually in it. It is not a HEMI but a 3.5 6cyl AWD that I bought for snow and better fuel mileage. I will never buy a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge product again because of this. Their cars are really being made to the bare amounts to pass the safety control of the government.
The Dodge Magnum was built on the same platform (frame) as the 300 and the Charger. I have spoken to many 06-07 Magnum,300 & Charger owners and they all said that their rotors keep on warping. Chrysler has done nothing to correct this. We all know that they are hurting as 60% of our country is financially hurting too and there is no reason that the public's pocket has to be hurt over a problem that the manufacturer (probably) cannot afford to correct.
xkeots is offline   Reply With Quote