Thread: A nudder newb
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
Froggy

Yep, it's a halo kit.

Overall the install is not as bad as they are making it out to sound. getting the lights apart is actually real easy in comparison to the Magnum ones. Taking the front facia off is not bad except for the inner bolts on the underside of the fenders. The wheel well is a pain to work around.

Bake time is about 15 minutes at 225* and they seperate real easy, just don't touch the inside or you are cleaning finger prints and also don't rub the chrome or it flakes off real easy.

The halos I have are amber which we can run them here in Wa, we can only use white and amber here for the front of the vehicle. I have them on a switch and don't drive with them on anyways, not like that car doesn't get enough attention already.

I spent two days (evenings) on the project to allow drying time and it takes time to solder the wires all in and stuff. Plus a couple friends came over to help with that part for an evening. Overall for the end look was worth it. Also on a side note the single use pins that hold the wheel well in place against the front facia will most likely get destroyed upon removal so you should count on getting 6 or so of the reusable type to replace them if you plan on doing this.