View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #1

DaBlackPearl

Name: Phil

Car Model: Dodge Charger
Year: 2007
Engine: V6
Default Help With Tire Size For Ksport Lowering Springs
In the old days I just cut springs to get the desired stance but I will admit that I am not a super skilled mechanic and I don't want to hurt my Pearl and want to do it right.

I just ordered new rims the same size I have now 20 x 8.5 I know that some will say that I should go 22" but I just don't want big wheels. Anyway, I want to lower Pearl with some springs that someone keeps telling me to get... Cough..Julio...Cough and the tire size that I have is 245 45 20. This is the tallest tire I could go with my 20's to try to fill the gap.

The question is if anyone knows if I am going to ok with these or do I need to get 245 40 20. My tire guy said to ask the manufacturer of the spring kit the max tire size recommended which I asked the seller and they did not have that info. The back wheels look like they will be ok but I am worried about the front which looks like it will be close once everything settles. I was also told that when turning I might have an issue.

I believe the formula for this is that the max diameter should not exceed 28.5" and no wider than 10" but I am hoping that someone out there knows the magic answer before I order the tires.What I might end up doing is lowering it on the wheels and tires that I have now so that if there is rubbing I know to get the 245 40 20

Please Help!!

Thanks!
DaBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote