LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum

LX Forum - Dodge Charger | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Magnum | Chrysler 300 Forum (http://www.lxowners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Exterior Modifications (http://www.lxowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   1pc flat black vinyl roof (http://www.lxowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14)

Mik3y 02-05-2010 03:09 PM

You're not going to believe this but he was almost done when he accidentally folded the vinyl sticky side to sticky side. When he pulled them apart it ripped :(
Going back Wednesday to hopefully get it done.

Mik3y 02-06-2010 01:13 AM

I just noticed that you posted in my original post LOL
The guy doesnt use any soap/water when installing the graphics. He just used a torch to heat up the vinyl. Its alright though now that he got some practice it will get done Wednesday.

DaBlackPearl 02-06-2010 01:44 AM

That looks really nice! I would like to see it in person though.

BOS/SRT 02-09-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik3y (Post 261)
You're not going to believe this but he was almost done when he accidentally folded the vinyl sticky side to sticky side. When he pulled them apart it ripped :(
Going back Wednesday to hopefully get it done.

crap bro, sorry about that and that happened to me too. he didn't soak it while he pulled it apart? the standard vinyl is very unforgiving. i know your bum'd bro, but it'll get done and i'm hoping it will be perfect and well worth the wait. good luck!

BOS/SRT 02-09-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik3y (Post 288)
I just noticed that you posted in my original post LOL
The guy doesnt use any soap/water when installing the graphics. He just used a torch to heat up the vinyl. Its alright though now that he got some practice it will get done Wednesday.

what do you mean? he didn't use any liquids to apply? don't use soap/water, use foam glass cleaner, it works the best.

Mik3y 02-10-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOS/SRT (Post 419)
what do you mean? he didn't use any liquids to apply? don't use soap/water, use foam glass cleaner, it works the best.

Nope he uses any liquids. All he does is use a torch.
Im going tomorrow to hopefully get it done finally:)

BOS/SRT 02-10-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik3y (Post 432)
Nope he uses any liquids. All he does is use a torch.
Im going tomorrow to hopefully get it done finally:)

That's scary. Never heard someone use a torch, heat gun yes. I was thinking that maybe it's another type of vinyl, some say higher end, but that one doesn't damage or get stuck together, but it applies dry. The only issue with it, is that it doesn't have as much uv protection, so fades fast. I don't think that's what you have, because you mentioned that it got folded. The other stuff I could take the entire pc, crumble into a ball and still use it.
Your making me nervous now. Lol.
Also make sure their careful with the exacto knife, don't want your paint to get damaged. Good luck again!

Mik3y 02-10-2010 02:35 AM

I need to talk to the guy and make sure its going to be the same vinyl i have on the side. It does look different but never thought about it until today.

Mik3y 02-10-2010 05:28 PM

Its official, looks great but there are some parts that can be seen close that im not to happy about. For the price i paid i can live with it. The vinyl is different it has a clear laminate on top so its harder to work with.

Sorry the garage pic, i work nights so i need to really go to sleep. I will take some good pics over the weekend. Thanks for the help Jimmy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...y/DSC_0043.jpg

Mik3y 02-15-2010 11:36 PM

I think im going to get the roof redone :(
The guy didnt cut the vinyl between the roof/windshield and i can see paint. Im going to order a different vinyl that is easier to work with also.